Realms of Rivalry, with similarities to classic games like Space Crusade, XCom and Sabre team, is a turn-based multiplayer strategy game with roleplay elements.
- Multiplayer with up to 4 players.
- Players control teams of 3 characters: Warrior, Archer and Mage.
- Turn-based gameplay with optional time limit per turn.
- Randomly generated game world.
- CPU controlled monsters.
- Equippable weapons and armor.
- Operatable traps, potions and other items.
- Occlusion calculation used in combat situations.
- Different types of terrain.
- Buy & sell items at vendors.
- Monster respawning.
- Ingame chat.
- Community-friendly lobby.
- Detailed end-of-game summary panel.
Realms of Rivalry is primarily a multiplayer game but it is possible to log in and play a map alone just to familiarize yourself with the interface and gameplay.
The game is built from basic gameplay principles we all know and love.
However, it requires a little effort and time to get into the game mechanics in order to fully enjoy it, but it is well worth it!