BAMN is a 2D rpg developed in c++/SDL for Windows.
Some of the game features:
* Trigger additional round actions by meeting battle requirements. These can include having certain combinations of status effects or the current the status of the team.
* Scroll system to enhance character stats and abilities.
I made some decisions to cut down development time, these include:
* No items can be used in battle or the menu. There are no heal potions, etc. You have to use your abilities to manage your team. There's a Charge ability to regain MP points in battle. Defending in battle makes you invulnerable to status effects and speeds up their removal once you are inflicted with one. Since there are no usable items, there's also no sales people and new inventory can only be gained by advancing in the story.
* There are no towns in the game. There's technically 2, but not in the traditional sense. They have no inns, no sale stores, etc.
Game was released on Steam. Thanks everyone for your support.
Added trailer 1. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Version 4.27 of By Any Means Necessary has been uploaded. This update includes:
* New battle animations.
* Visual adjustments to several maps.
* Alt + ENTER KB shortcut to toggle between windowed and full screen modes.
* Log pages to better explain the Supplemental Round system.
* Several bug fixes.
Version 4.16 has been uploaded. This version includes new battle spell animations and various modifications based on player feedback.