RPGDXThe center of Indie-RPG gaming
Not logged in. [log in] [register]

best games in the vein of "Lynn's Legacy"

View previous topic - View next topic  
GradualGames
Pretty, Pretty Fairy Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: best games in the vein of "Lynn's Legacy" [quote]

Are there any indie RPGs available on this site that are similar to or as fun to play as Lynn's Legacy? I'm thinking of resurrecting my qb rpg from days of old (once I finish my current project, which is not an RPG) It'd be neat to play more games in that style for inspiration. I love retro "zelda-style" games like that. I feel like I saw the name of one of the creators of that game on this site a bunch...if you're here, congrats on making Lynn's Legacy.
js71
Wandering DJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Hi there, I was the artist/musician/writer for Lynn's Legacy. :) My good friend cha0s handled all the programming and tools development.

I'm afraid the Zelda-esque action RPG is a bit of a scarce genre in this community... Though there have been a few, such as The Griffon Legend (released around the same time as LL). The only other one I can think of is Shadow of Power, which was an old QB title released way back in the days of VPlanet and all that... I actually can't think of many more at the moment.

Lynn's Legacy was a bit of a learning experience for us so it definitely has its share of flaws, but I'm really glad you enjoyed it! We've been working on a new project for awhile now, you might hear tell of it soon. :)

~Josiah

Jump to: