RPGDXThe center of Indie-RPG gaming
Not logged in. [log in] [register]

View previous topic - View next topic  
Malignus
Scholar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Telepath RPG: Servants of God [quote]

Telepath RPG: Servants of God is a story about the desert city-state of Ravinale. The city's top-ranking military officials have been converted by a new conservative religious group, the Cult. At the Cult's direction, they purged the military's ranks of nonbelievers and staged a coup that successfully overthrew the democratically-elected government of Ravinale.

You are the son of two senators who chose to run for reelection without the Cult's approval. You are thrown in prison soon after the start of the game, but are broken out by a ragtag resistance group. Your goal is to build the resistance, win victories on the resistance's behalf, recruit new allies to their cause, take back your city from the Cult, and restore democracy.

Watch the Telepath RPG: Servants of God trailer

Listen to the Telepath RPG: Servants of God soundtrack online

Play the Telepath RPG: Servants of God online demo here (continually updated with bug fixes and new content as development proceeds)

tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: [quote]

Wow.
Malignus
Scholar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: [quote]

LordGalbalan wrote:
Wow.

Care to elaborate? :)
tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: [quote]

Well for one thing your sense of conviction on this. It's interesting how you're mixing your desire to convey the virtues of your political beliefs with your interest in becoming a success in the games business. You're taking care of yourself and promoting your values in one swoop. You're without a doubt the most serious games businessman here, after RampantCoyote. But what you are doing is on par with the JRPG tradition of using game play as a vehicle for ideology. I've just never seen that done quite so well... outside of Japan.

I admire it. You're showing that games can make a difference.
Malignus
Scholar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Thanks! That's what I'm going for. I'm glad that that comes across.
tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: [quote]

OK I played chapter 1. Can't get through the tent area.... It seems impossible.

Playing through Chapter 2 now.... The tactical battle system adds a lot to the game. It's keeping my attention.
RampantCoyote
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: [quote]

The tactical part was definitely proven is TPA2 - Cool to see it used in the RPG.

Only played through part of it so far (still escaping the dungeon - with a large group now), but it's got potential.
Scholar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: [quote]

Cool. :) It opens up quite a bit once you get past the prison escape, so let me know what you think once you get past there.
Rainer Deyke
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: [quote]

Wow, the spambots are getting good. That almost read like a real post.
Malignus
Scholar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: [quote]

Ha ha! Wow. As of today, I've been slaving away on side-quest dialog trees for over a week. Right now, I'm enjoying the thought of a program that can generate convincing, context-appropriate replies. :)
BadMrBox
Bringer of Apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Rainer Deyke wrote:
Wow, the spambots are getting good. That almost read like a real post.
Yes almost. Now it's gone :).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Some news: the aforementioned side quest is now finished! (Subject, of course, to bug fixes.)

Quote:
The side quest in West Ravinale is now done. You can complete the quest in a huge variety of different ways. Some endings are good, some are less good, and all are morally ambiguous.

Also, I've retained an artist to redo the GUI elements of TSoG. I'm very impressed by what he's done so far. Here is the latest preview of the new title screen:

js71
Wandering DJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Cool stuff, looks like you're really making some headway here. The only thing I would suggest, though it's probably too late now that the title screen's up there, is to shorten the name. Seeing this topic's title, I always thought "Telepath RPG" was a placeholder title and not an actual element of the name. You might want to give this a read real quick: (it's short)

Long names and lack of interest (I don't agree with his PC gamer hate for the most part but this page of the article actually has some really good, relevant points if you disregard some of its bile)

...may be why I've barely checked this topic out until now. ;) Just some thoughts for ya.

~Josiah
Malignus
Scholar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: [quote]

I actually just changed the title of the game not that long ago, believe it or not!

I don't disagree that shorter is better. However, Telepath RPG is the trademark name for the games that take place in this world, and has been since 2006. A fair number of people recognize it. I don't want to change one of the few things I have going for me, marketing-wise.
js71
Wandering DJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Ahh, gotcha. Didn't realize it was already a fairly established name; don't mind me in that case ;)

~Josiah
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 

Jump to: