RPGDXThe center of Indie-RPG gaming
Not logged in. [log in] [register]

View previous topic - View next topic  
tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: I just had the most amazing game idea [quote]

"What if winning a game could win an election? What if you could change the course of your nation's -- and your community's -- history?"

Been thinking for a while how to take a Phoenix Wright-style approach to politics... to translate the romance of RPGs into political identity... I think this is what I'm looking for.
BadMrBox
Bringer of Apocalypse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Would the whole game be the journey to become the new leader or continue on afterwards?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: [quote]

BadMrBox wrote:
Would the whole game be the journey to become the new leader or continue on afterwards?

It's kind of hard to explain. You know how in Disney movies there is always this absurd premise that one person can change the world due to some kind of freak of nature? It's like that... but with a twist... I don't want to spoil the ending. ;)

Basically, the protagonist is an online game player. He takes on people in his home town, and when he wins, they agree to vote for causes he believes in. There is a bit of a moralist touch in that the consequences of public policy are explored... there have been a lot of bad happenings recently because of austerity and the sheer pressure exerted by anarcho-capitalism on individuals. Of course a few thrive, but many more suffer, and that will be a key theme of the story.

Jump to: