Not logged in. [log in] [register]

View previous topic - View next topic  
cha0s
Egg-Sucking Troll Humper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: [quote]

tcaudilllg wrote:
Blah, blah blah

blah

blah blah you aren't offering what the consumer wants, only what you want.

I'd just like to note that we aren't interested in marketing to the 'consumer', we're interested in providing a game that we're fully aware has a niche audience, and it's to them we'll be catering to!

Everything else is just... tripe and not worth a reply.

-Half Baked
tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: [quote]

Your only window for success is this week. Hopefully you won't be dissuaded and will try again with a more sensible price point. A game about ducks (yes, ducks) just succeeded, drawing in $5,000. Man if you can't beat that, there must be something wrong.
cha0s
Egg-Sucking Troll Humper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: [quote]

You should make your words a bit sweeter; it won't be as unpleasant when you have to eat them.

-Half Baked
Mattias Gustavsson
Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: [quote]

This looks great! I'm sure it will do well :-)

Also, kudos for making a niche game, a game you believe in, rather than follow whatever is the latest hype. We need more indie devs like you guys! :-)
Nodtveidt
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: [quote]

cha0s wrote:
You should make your words a bit sweeter; it won't be as unpleasant when you have to eat them.

^^^ ftw :)

Josiah, no biggie... MSR is selling well so I'm sure I can convince the misses to loan me the credit card for the $100 tier.
Scholar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Mattias Gustavsson wrote:
This looks great! I'm sure it will do well :-)

Also, kudos for making a niche game, a game you believe in, rather than follow whatever is the latest hype. We need more indie devs like you guys! :-)

Yeah I agree, if you're making a game on your own time. Indie/Hobby/Whatever, why not make something you're passionate about. :D

I'll have to see if I can scrape up even $10 and back what I can. ^^
Nodtveidt
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: [quote]

Did it... backed ya $100. :)
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Kicked in my bit. Wanted the soundtrack. :)
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: [quote]

cha0s wrote:

aye ya... sensitive... much?

I guess the zombies were more formidable than y'all expected. Low res games don't sell for $10 on indie markets, guys. And you're not on Wii Ware or XBLIG... speaking of which, why didn't you do XBLIG? 'Cause if you had, my cousin probably would have bought the game, in all seriousness. Seems like he bought a lamd... funny the things people will buy....

And why didn't you hire on one of those aspiring writers from the RPGMaker scene? Hell I know a few people with the talent for that... Woud've cost more, but at least you'd get a good rep....

cha0s, you need to learn some people skills, boy.
Nodtveidt
Demon Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: [quote]

tcaudilllg, you need to learn some decency skills, "boy".
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: [quote]

Nodtveidt wrote:
tcaudilllg, you need to learn some decency skills, "boy".

My arguments are not a pissing match. They are valid AND the difficulty these two are having raising money is a sign of their validty. They've made enormous PR failures... they've failed to consider that they are competing... they come across as self-entitled, and insensitive. Relying on V8... huge faux pas, most people don't know what that is or how to use it. Relying on Google was even worse because Google has turned off most everyone in indie.

I could go on. But I think I'll just sit back and watch the wreckage, and sum up my arguments once the dust has settled. Certainly not gonna help them though because as I said before, the damn thing is overpriced.
BadMrBox
Bringer of Apocalypse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: [quote]

I posted about the game on a swedish gaming site and linked to the kickstarter and all.

@tcaudilllg with the subtlety of a Cromwell in a pottery since 2002.
Are you able to pass criticism without being notoriously rude or belittling?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: [quote]

The only problem I have with this production thus far is the "retro look for retro's sake". Aside from that, it looks fine to me.
Wandering DJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: [quote]

Nodtveidt wrote:
The only problem I have with this production thus far is the "retro look for retro's sake". Aside from that, it looks fine to me.

I was a little hesitant about the use of the word 'retro,' but fact is it's an easy way to describe the style to most people. Really, low-resolution pixel art is just a style I personally really love. It's as much retro as cross-stitching is retro, really, but again, the word sums up the style accurately for most people, so for me at least it's more of an issue of concise description.
tcaudilllg
Dragonmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: [quote]

For me, low res is a necessity because I can't draw. For skilled artists though, it's a design choice because all they have to do is draw their images on paper and scan.

But most people won't put up with it unless it's on a portable or BoD VII cheap. Speaking of which, I wonder how that Penny Arcade game is doing? I wouldn't be surprised if it performs below expectation because of the pixeliciousness.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 

Jump to: